After the Pap Test and pelvic exam, I got dressed and headed back to my doctor’s office. I cannot stress enough how important it was for me to be able to speak with my Gynecologist while sitting in a chair on the other side of his desk. It’s next to impossible to seriously talk to anyone in an examination room while wearing something that could be used to clean a kitchen spill.
So, these were my treatment options:
- Gn-RH agonist (Lupron) – temporary stoppage of menstruation and shrinkage of fibroids
- Endometrial Ablation – removal of the lining of the uterus
- Myomectomy – removal of the fibroids while leaving the uterus intact
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization – small particles injected into the arteries cut off blood flow causing fibroids to shrink
- Hysterectomy – removal of the uterus
You can find out more detailed information by visiting these sites: