Received an email request from Tina (1/24) about a specific list of what to carry to the hospital when going in for fibroid surgery. Thanks for the great suggestion!
I’ll start with a quote from the post that listed what I carried. Remember, I had a Uterine Fibroid Embolization and only stayed overnight.
Things I carried to the hospital with me:
- My faith. I must believe in something.
- Overnight bag. Spending the night is required.
- My husband. Technically, he carried me.
- Copy of Nature Methods. Something to take my mind off of things.
- Jade Buddha. Nope, I’m not Buddhist but I was really drawn to it in the store a couple of years ago. I use it for focus.
- Portable CD player and various CDs including U2 (obviously), Vivaldi, Prince, Elton John, Janet Jackson, and Bob Marley. I keep telling you I’m eclectic.
- My black and white composition notebook. Wanted to take notes.
Okay. For those of you who need to stay a little longer, I created this short list by plucking things from fibroid free’s “pre-surgery tips” comment on the first post-AM forum:
- EXTRA strength GAS X pills
- Something for a headache (non aspirin)
Here are things from a comment left by Tina (1/24) on the forum discussing finding good doctors :
- Lip balm
- Throat drops (your mouth feels very dry after anesthesia),
- mp3 player
- Teddy bear (EclecticGeek inserts… AWWWW!)
- Sudoku book
- Note pad and pen
Hmmm. What should you take to the hospital before your fibroid surgery? You can ask if it’s something you should take or tell if it’s definitely something you are taking. It can be “functional” or things considered more comforting than anything else. Let me know your thoughts.