Received an email request for a thread on post-Abdominal Myomectomy questions to ask during a follow-up visit. I have a previous post that list questions to ask a fibroid doctor but most of those deal with information you need pre-op. I’ll tweak a few from that post and stick them here for you to ask post-op:
- What is my updated recovery time?
- How long do you now think it will take to heal?
- How long do I now need to wait before attempting to get pregnant?
- How will my pain be managed at this point? What medications? Side effects?
- If you need a second procedure – How much time needs to pass now between procedures?
- What follow-up care will I receive at this point?
- Do I still need to make changes in my work, family life, and leisure time? Do I need to continue any changes I’ve made already?
- How do you know that my surgery or procedure is working (has worked)?
- What symptoms or problems post-op should I now report right away?
- What is the best time to call you if I still have questions?
Make sure that all your questions and concerns are answered. Keep calling your doctor if necessary.
Now that I’ve listed some general questions, it’s your turn. Figured I would open it up and take suggestions from all women post-op regardless of procedure or surgery. I know some things will be specific but I also think some questions will be common to all.
State your procedure and then questions you asked, thought about asking, forgot to ask, or the doctor answered before you got them out of your mouth. Okay, Fibroid Sisters. Let’s hear ’em.