Looking for a little help in dealing with your dang uterine fibroids?
I am EclecticGeek and started this blog to present science-based uterine fibroid information. Being a geek, I’m very much interested in the science and research behind various topics. Existing with fibroids, I decided to apply my curiosity (nosiness) to this issue. Yes, asking questions and getting answers. Thus, Geek with Fibroids ™ was born.
I thought I would be here happily blogging and basically talking to myself but people started leaving comments. Many comments. Then, they started talking to each other. People from ALL over the world continue to come here and communicate. Actual forum conversations.
What’s with all the different pages?
Here is an explanation of the various pages and ways to find my specific entries that interest you:
* Comment Guidelines: Please read before commenting on this site.
About: Read my fibroid story and discover why I finally decided to get help.
Mission Statement: Find out why I started this blog.
Forum: Individual posts covering a wide range of topics that connect people with questions with people with answers or experiences. Visit and add yours.
My Thoughts: View my most recent posts. Some are geeky. Some are personal. Others are just miscellaneous odd brain clutter.
Archive: All my posts here are indexed by category (symptoms, treatment, experiences, etc.). Click on a specific category to see my posts plus visitor comments on that subject. They are also archived by month.
In addition, you can use the search box located near the top to the right. Type in a topic (myomectomy, anemia, Lupron, embolization, or whatever interests you), click “Search”, and get a list of all my related posts.
Links: Science-based resources that will assist you with your online research.
Feedback: Tell me your thoughts about the site.
Contact: Send me an email message.
What’s all that other stuff in the sidebars?
- Sign up to receive Email updates.
- Visit the Forum here or the one off site at Oprah.com.
- See EclecticGeek’s Master Plan and discover what I’ve done about my fibroids.
- Check My older observations to follow my journey by month.
- Look who’s talking about fibroids is a list of the most recent comments on the site.
- If you want to find my top entries, check Geeks read these entries most.
- Geeks click these links most indicates which links listed on this site that visitors click frequently.
- Check the latest fibroid news with the Yahoo!, Google, and PubMed feeds.
- If you have a feed reader, don’t forget to subscribe to my feed and Join the experiment.
I do realize that my blog is not for everyone. I don’t have a problem with that. I am not here to make friends but to help women dealing with these dang uterine fibroids through education. I will step on toes at times but it’s for the benefit of all. I hope you choose to join me.
Need to reach me?
Visit the Contact page.